Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fabric scrap octo-ball


Ok, so I don't really know what to call this rattle toy. I figured octo-ball would work as well as anything. I made it using the scraps from my baby crinkle grab ball. After I cut out all the ball pieces from my fat quarters I ended up with diamond shaped scraps. I wish I would have taken pictures of them, but I didn't know I would be blogging about my little toy then.


I sewed my four pieces together and stuffed it as much as I could. I stuck a rattle noisemaker in the middle. I don't know about other babies, but my little guy loves rattles.


After stuffing it as much as I could I just whip-stitched the little opening I had left closed.


This is a nice change from a regular ball. It's still nice and soft for baby to play with and easy to grab at the corners. How have you used your fabric scraps in interesting ways?

No comments: