Sunday, May 23, 2010

Finally finished

It took me a while to come up with a name for my blog. I wanted something that had to do, at least remotely, with the content of future posts and something that had a ring to it. Finally Finished Crafts felt like a good fit. If you like to do crafts of any kind there's nothing quite like the feeling you get when a project is finally finished. Sometimes I'm not even sure I'm in the mood to do a project, yet I love the feeling I get when everything is said and done that I do it anyway.

I come from a long line of procrastinators and project unfinishers. My father is notorious for this. He's always been crafty and is constantly thinking up interesting projects. So many interesting projects in fact that he tends to begin several and finish few. I too suffer from our family project syndrome and have, to this day, several unfinished projects lurking in various drawers and closets around my house. I have a partially knit baby blanket that I started for a friend eleven years ago (Yikes, has it really been that long? I'm afraid it has.) and have tried to complete for many more friends. At the rate I'm going I might finished it for a grandchild; my son's only six months old so that may give me enough time. Since I quit my job to be a full-time mommy though I've joined the finishing-project bandwagon. Here's to hoping I don't fall off again!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have the opposite problem. I go to the craft store and start crafting like mad and then I'm bored again the next day. I get too excited about the finished project and just can't wait.
I'm even like this around Christmas. I have to open the presents on Christmas Eve or I go crazy!